The job of the coach is not to answer the presenter’s question but to help the presenter ask the right question. Following are some questions you might ask when you are coaching to help the presenter focus in on the most important issue:
- How would you define the problem?
- Why is it your problem?
- What is working well now (related to this issue)?
- What is the worst case scenario? How probable is it?
- Close your eyes and imagine yourself in one year – everything (related to this issue) is exactly the way you want it to be. What does it look like?
- What is holding back the ideal situation from happening?
- What is at risk for you to make this happen?
- Are you willing to take that risk?
- What would support from the Forum look like to you?