There are many ways to encourage forum members to share during the updates part of the meeting. One of the simplest approaches is to ask members the following questions. Each person can then decide which question(s) resonate with them and which they will answer when they share their update.
- What is the toughest relationship challenge (personal or professional) that you are facing now?
- What is the toughest leadership challenge you are facing now?
- What is the greatest fear you have now?
- What is going on in your life right now that you have not spoken with anyone about? What are you hiding?
- What are you complaining about, blaming others for, or notice yourself playing the villain, victim, or hero?
- What are you not sharing because you don’t want to seem perfect?
- What is something that you don’t like about yourself that you are working on?
Whichever question(s) members choose to answer, encourage everyone to also answer one more question:
- … and how does that make you feel?