You haven’t been travelling for months, and now the world is (maybe) slowly opening up. As you consider making long-delayed or long-planned trips, what’s the right choice? Should you bunker down or get on the plane? Forum can be a great place to talk through decisions that are multifaceted, involve conflicting emotions, and require you to coordinate with family members or business colleagues.
Invite each member to share one or two upcoming travel decisions (either personal or business) that they’ve made or need to make. Possible questions to address:
- Why do you feel you need to make this trip? Why now?
- What safety or other practical concerns do you have and how might you address them?
- If your spouse/partner or other family members are involved, how do their approaches/philosophies differ? How might you resolve any potential conflict.
- How do you think about risk vs. return in making this particular travel decision? What weight do you give to different factors?
- How do you think differently about business vs. personal travel?
Each member has 2-3 minutes (timed) to share their answers.
After all members have shared, open up to general conversation, including takeaways and possible accountability to report back to the forum. What new perspective, insight or question are you taking away from this conversation? Do you expect to make the travel decision you shared in the next month? Would you like the forum to check in to see what you decided at the next meeting?