Most forums don’t usually discuss current events, but they can’t pretend that all is peaceful in the world either (think war in Ukraine or political turmoil in multiple countries or extreme weather events). In the confidential, safe and brave space of Forum, members can discuss the most existentially and pragmatically challenging dimensions of our personal and professional reality as that is impacted by world events.
Just as our forums have done throughout the Covid era, we might spark our conversation with questions like these:
- What are the deepest feelings this world situation or event has brought forth in you?
- Do you feel you are overreacting or underreacting to the news as it unfolds?
- How are military, political, or economic shocks to the world making your leadership challenges worse (or opening up new opportunities)?
- How are you balancing the reality of personal and business uncertainty with the need to project confidence to your team, family, and others who depend on you?
- How is the situation or crisis causing you to re-evaluate your priorities, if at all?
Members are encouraged first to make some notes of their own responses and then to share, seeking to avoid undue influence from those sharing before them.
Thank you to Melissa Weiksnar who suggested this topic.