The Huffington Post recently published an article by Bronnie Ware entitled “Top Five Regrets of the Dying.”
The items listed in this article provide a powerful catalyst for a forum conversation on this topic:
- I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
- I wish I didn’t work so hard.
- I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.
- I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
- I wish that I had let myself be happier.
(Read the full article for a fuller discussion of each of these points.)
How do you feel as you read each of these statements? What might you learn about yourself as you listen to your forum mates react to these thoughts?