The following questions can be used separately or together to frame a great conversation on how forum members see their strengths and weaknesses, and how that might affect their professional trajectories and career paths.
- Which of your strengths might others say you overuse or rely on too much?
- Describe how one of your strengths is also a weakness.
- What might change in your job or business that might make your current strengths less useful?
- What is the next professional transition you face? If there a strength you need to give up to successfully make that transition? What new strength do you need to develop? What weakness might emerge or become more important?
- Describe a weakness or flaw of yours that hasn’t hurt you yet, but might in the future.
Acknowledgement: These questions are suggested by USC Professor Morgan McCall in his leadership exercise “Hedge Your Bets.”